Teenage Days

 

Dear Me

Can you believe it's been this long since we roamed the hallowed halls of high school, thinking we had life all figured out? Ah, those were the days when adult advice sounded like an ancient language we couldn't be bothered to decipher. I recently faced a room full of high schoolers, and the confidence (or was it cockiness?) in their eyes took me back.

 

After graduation, I sprinted away from home like it was on fire. College served as a buffer, but by 19, reality slapped me hard. Life's rude awakening was upon me, I lost my mommy. Little did I know, my dear teenage self, that life had a way of pulling back the curtains. I never realized how much my mother shielded me from reality.

 

At 50, I'm still learning the ropes. Do we ever fully grasp life, or is it meant to be an unpredictable rollercoaster we navigate one day at a time? I wake up each day with 24 hours in my life account, and honestly, stressing about tomorrow's 24 seems pointless. I had an epiphany today, thanks to this spiritual book I've been devouring – "Ask and It's Given." It introduced a fun exercise where I deposit 1000 into my life account daily. I'm up to 71,000, and spending it has been a blast.

 

It made me realize that every day, we've got exactly what we need, and those 24 hours are a treasure trove waiting to be explored. It's not about the hypothetical millions but about how we invest our time. While I play this game of financial fantasy, it's refreshing to see that I've been enjoying and creating memories with my loved ones.

 

Now, about imparting wisdom to my grown kids – I catch myself echoing the very advice I once brushed off as ancient scrolls. Oh, the irony! I can't help but laugh at my teenage self, bossy and confident (or maybe just plain cocky), blissfully unaware of what life had in store. The older folks weren't kidding – they did know a thing or two.

 

So, my dear, until tomorrow arrives with its own set of surprises, let's just embrace this moment with gratitude. Love you, and here's to navigating the uncharted waters of adulthood one laugh at a time!

 

Cheers,

Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CEO of me

Facing the Truth

The Nagging belief of Unworthiness